Friday, April 26, 2013

Lazav Without Poison

I'm not saying that poison was over the top, but if you're looking for a little Lazav with a lot less poison, here are the following changes I made to my Dimir State of Mind deck:

Out!
- Glistening Oil
- Corrupted Conscience
- Phyresis
- Tainted Strike
- Grafted Exoskeleton
- Temporal Aperture
- Whispering Madness

In!
+ Decree of Pain
+ Damnation
+ Diabolic Servitude
+ Blatant Thievery
+ Control Magic
+ Dauthi Embrace
+ Trepanation Blade

Grafted Exoskeleton is pretty darn good, even if you aren't playing poison. It dishes out poison, makes your creatures a big threat, and can be used until it's dealt with. It's worth keeping in, but I wanted to switch things up.

I do love Temporal Aperture. I do. It's just that most of the weekend EDH crowd where I play has the power level turned up to 11. I lose to combo most weeks. I'm not ready to go combo myself just yet, so when I play a spell I need it to work. Temporal Aperture turns up a land 30%-40% of the time.

Decree of Pain and Damnation give me the ability to sweep. I don't like to resort to it, but you see what they make me do!

When Dimir subtlety isn't enough, sometimes you have to resort to Blatant Thievery!

Since creatures with Shadow are so rare, Dauthi Embrace basically makes your guys unblockable. It has the added benefit of making your opponents' key creatures unable to block for the times when you want to mess with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment