Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Commander Cube: Double Sleeve Extreme



The guy on the left? That was totally me the last two weeks, jamming cards into sleeves for hours on end.

My Deckbuilding Commander Cube is about 550 cards plus another 150 basic lands for a total of approximately 700 cards. That's a lot of double sleeving.


No Rest for the Wicked

I'm careful with my cards. But, I have a trip coming up with some friends where we hope to actually, you know, draft the cube. The trip affords us a rare opportunity since we will be away from our normal lives for a couple of days. I don't want to miss this chance to draft commander until the break of dawn. I also don't want my cards to get... gross.

Orcish Librarian

Don't get my wrong. My friends are generally careful, thoughtful people. But, as they say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. To which, I'm pretty sure, the quote was from someone talking about double sleeving your cube, if I remember my history lessons right.

All told, it took me about an hour per 100 cards. You can do the math. If you decide to give this a try, play music and remember to take breaks.

Pro tip?

Use a second card to keep the inside sleeve from sliding up as you go. Check out this guy's video to see what I mean. I found that you don't need to slide the second card all the way into the sleeve to make this happen. Halfway is enough. Use a card you don't care about since it may show some edge wear after 700 cards.




No comments:

Post a Comment