Sunday, December 9, 2018

GP Portland 2018: A Magical Weekend


I'm back home from GP Portland 2018. What a weekend.


On Friday night, my wife and I met up for some casual Old School with the Horde. We got in a few games and met some great people. The big Old School tournament was the next night, on Saturday, but we had a different party to get to so I missed that one. Next year!



On Sunday, my friend and I entered the afternoon 2HG sealed event at GP Portland. He got his DCI number for the event, and I've never played in a "competitive" 2HG event. We were also both unfamiliar with the Guilds of Ravnica expansion. I expected a slaughter.



After a rocky first round that we might have been able to win with tighter play, we won our next two rounds for a 2-1 finish. Good enough for a decent amount of prize tickets. We each picked up 10 packs from the prize wall and then headed out.

It was a magical weekend all around, made better by having good friends and family there with me. It also doesn't hurt to leave a GP with a winning record, even if it is for a side event.

Plus, I got some Old School cards signed!


No comments:

Post a Comment