Thursday, July 23, 2020

Old School MTG: Colorless Colossus


Here's a version of my colorless Old School deck that includes a wider variety of cards I like. It's way less consistent like this, but also way more fun! Besides, every once in a while I get to punch someone's Angel out of the sky with a Ring.

I was playing with this deck when the crazy opener finally happened. Here's a pic.


Turn 1: Workshop --> Forcefield
Turn 2: Second Workshop, Lotus --> Colossus of Sardia!

If that's not one of the best uses for Black Lotus, I don't know what is. I mean, I had no way of untapping the Colossus after that. But I dodged removal and got a big swing in with it. Worth it. :)

I ended up drawing Arena (and some actual lands) a little later and used the tapped Colossus as terrible creature removal. Killer combo.




No comments:

Post a Comment