Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I salute you, Mirrodin block

I'm reading the first of three Mirrodin cycle (block) novels right now. Our local library didn't have a copy, but they were able to send away for the books.

The book so far is borderline. If I didn't have a soft spot in my heart for Magic, I wouldn't be reading it. But you can read about it out on Amazon (The Moons of Mirrodin) and see for yourself. I've read most of the other MTG novels, so why stop now?

I was looking through the cards from the block and reminiscing about just how awesome Mirrodin block was. There were a lot of cool new cards and concepts in that block. You can start here on magiccards.info to see the Mirrodin set.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first set where we get equipment. Affinity is running amok. It has lots of cool cards like, Fabricate, Thirst for Knowledge, Barter in Blood, Promise of Power, Reiver Demon, War Elemental, Sylvan Scrying, Tooth and Nail, the Spellbombs, Chalice of the Void, Chrome Mox, Crystal Shard, Duplicant, Extraplanar Lens, Gilded Lotus, Goblin Charbelcher, Isochron Scepter, Lightning Greaves, Loxodon Warhammer, Mind's Eye, Mindslaver the Myr, Oblivion Stone, Platinum Angel, Proteus Staff, Solemn Simulacrum, and the Artifact Lands. And that's just Mirrodin! Later we get indestructibility with the Darksteel artifacts and more.

Just a little nostalgia for a set released almost 10 years ago. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment