Thursday, March 14, 2013

Dimir: Playing UB Again

I'm back to UB, but it's for a worthy cause. Lazav isn't going to play himself. I still look over at my shiny demons from time-to-time, but I know that they are waiting for me. If anything, demons are patient.

Lazav, Dimir Mastermind

I haven't updated the deck list in a while, but I will. I have a few more changes to make after playing a half-dozen games. Whenever I play, I'm always reminded on how precious each slot is in a deck. If the card you have in that slot doesn't affect the game in a big way, it's worth taking a second look at. You know the feeling of tapping out to play and card and passing your turn with no impact. "I'll draw 4 cards... wee!"

Tidings

Most of my testing has been against Chris with his new "Oozing Elves," Ezuri, Renegade Leader deck. As expected, most games ended with serious elf beatdown of the Overrun variety. Between Door of Destinies, Coat of Arms, and Ezuri, the results were carnage and bloodshed. Plus, Chris managed to jam home a Quietus Spike on several occasions for extra beats.

Ezuri, Renegade LeaderDoor of DestiniesCoat of ArmsQuietus Spike

That said, I did eek out a win or two against the pointy-eared onslaught. One win came off the back of a bribed out Worldspine Wurm. What you bribe a wurm of that size with, I'm not sure. Lazav knows, though. So, I'm sitting back on the Wurm, blocking elves when I draw into Grafted Exoskeleton and Whispersilk Cloak. "I'll just put this here and that there. Oh, and attack you for 15 poison... unblockable... with your own wurm-thing. Gross."

BriberyWorldspine WurmGrafted ExoskeletonWhispersilk Cloak

Otherwise, there was a time or two where I activated Duskmantle Guildmage with Traumatize on the stack. Dreads never knew what hit him.

Duskmantle GuildmageTraumatize

I'm still looking forward to playing a larger game where I can develop my sinister plans, Dimir-style. There's nothing quite like making the "What me? I'm no threat" face while deflecting attacks at other opponents. It's also a fun feeling to have other players worried about being milled out when "the win" comes from a totally different direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment