Sunday, August 4, 2013

Braids vs. Zur

I haven't been playing much Magic the past few weeks. Lots of other stuff keeps coming up. But, I did get a chance to play some 1vs1 against Chris with Zur the Enchanter.

Zur the EnchanterBraids, Conjurer Adept

We played three games. I ended up winning 2-1, but it was close. It all comes down to controlling Zur when he comes out. We did have a cool interaction involving Treachery and Captivating Glance as we fought over control of Zur. Chris played Zur, so I took him with Treachery. Then, Chris took him back with Captivating Glance. I had Future Sight out, so Chris knew that I was going to reveal Memnarch at the end of his turn and most likely take Zur back. But he had an answer for that! He cast an entwined Second Sight to set up our libraries in his favor.

TreacheryCaptivating GlanceFuture SightSecond Sight

Another cool play that Chris uses in his deck is Cytoplast Manipulator. With her out, I usually have to start paying around it or the next monster I drop may be my last.

Cytoplast Manipulator

I did change around the deck list for Gods, Robots, and Monsters and updated it over at tapped out. Check it out! (Copied below.) The jury is still out on a handful of cards while I try to make room for other cards that I think would be cool in include.

Artifact (13)

Sorcery (10)

Land (39)

Instant (5)


No comments:

Post a Comment