Friday, May 29, 2020

Old School MTG: Red Atog Shops




I did it. Red is the last color in the series of decks that I'm building with an artifacts-focused theme. It was a blast to build all of these decks! But don't worry, I've got some other deckbuilding ideas planned for the rest of the year.

As I continue to take advantage of webcam games with Ben during the "stay home" order, I took this deck for a spin against his mono-black deck and his UW control/aggro deck. The games were quick! In one game I cast Wheel of Fortune into an Underworld Dreams hoping to draw one of my burn spells for the win. Spoiler alert: I didn't draw the burn spell. In another game I destroyed his Serra Angel with Chaos Orb and his Savannah Lions with my Falling Star on the same turn! That's two dexterity cards for those of you who are counting. The dex cards add a wonderful and whimsical element to the game.


Here's a picture of me attacking with a Shivan Dragon!


Here's a broken turn 1 Triskelion off Misrha's Workshop and Black Lotus, the way Richard Garfield intended. How cool is it that in Old School one of the most degenerate openers (6 mana on turn 1) results in a 4/4 robot with upside?


The broken triple Black Vise play. If only I could draw a Wheel of Fortune!

This deckbuilding project has been fun. I'm looking forward to being able to get together to sling some spells in person soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment