Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Old School Commander MTG: A First Look at Sindbad

 



It's taken a while, but I finally have a working Sindbad list for Old School Commander. I'm probably  missing some key cards, but I'm not yet sure what to cut.

I have my eye on adding Knowledge Vault, Skull of Orm, Old Man of the Sea, Power Artifact, and Sword of the Ages to name a few. What cards will end up not pulling their weight in this list? I'm excited to find out.

I'm looking for an opportunity to play some games with it. Goldfishing has demonstrated to me that it will be slow, possibility terminally so. There are some neat synergies already, though. Sindbad+Library of Leng is neat. Sindbad+Field of Dreams is a no-brainer. Sindbad ends up pitching a lot of good cards into the graveyard, so cards like Recall, Triassic Egg, Drafna's Restoration, and Reconstruction all act like mini-tutors mid-to-late-game. Sindbad technically dodges the tap down from Arena of the Ancients, but it only seems fair that if I use him as a commander I treat him as a legendary creature for those purposes. Still, sometimes you just need to tie things up and hope to draw answers.

I love Old School deck selfies, but it can be difficult to see what's going on with a list this big. Here's a link to the deck:


As of this post, I haven't put in the card editions to match up with what I have in paper. I'll do that at some point!

No comments:

Post a Comment