Friday, July 6, 2012

Funny Cards for Braids


Braids, Conjurer Adept

I'm still building card lists for a Braids, Conjurer Adept deck. With the right build, ramping up to cast big spells can happen quickly. In other words, using Braids to cheat out big creatures isn't strictly necessary.

So, what to do?

Since Braids gives everyone a chance to put out something big, I'd like to take advantage of that by stealing my opponents big creatures. That's a good start. But I'd also like to run a handful of cards that I think are funny to keep things from getting too serious. Having your creatures taken from you can be pretty disappointing.

There are a bunch of funny cards in Magic. The developers certainly have a sense of humor. But I'm stuck with blue (U) and colorless cards with Braids at the helm. Here are a few cards I'm thinking of including any why:

Turn to Frog
There will be quite a few creatures around when Braids hits the field, so having a few wizardly tricks up my sleeve will help keeps things fun. I like the idea of my opponent dropping a hasted dragon with Braids' ability, attacking me with it, and then boom. Frog time.


Turn to Frog

Pongify
A step up from Turn to Frog but with the same idea, Pongify is not only funny to say but lets me put on my wizard hat and turn an opposing creature into an ape... permanently.

Pongify


Ovinomancer
This guy makes turns creatures into sheep. Plus, he looks like Tim from The Holy Grail movie. I had a G/U deck back in the day with this guy, some wolf creatures, and lots of ways to play extra lands. There is nothing quite like attacking into a herd of sheep with some wolves.

Ovinomancer


Disrupt (Weatherlight)
The Weatherlight edition of this card features some funny artwork. The flavor text should have been, "I have a lantern on my head!" Instead, we get a line from a movie. Still funny. But it could have been even more funny.
Disrupt

Can you think of any other funny blue or colorless cards for my Braids deck? Post them in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment