Saturday, August 11, 2012

Darker Than Black

What's Darker Than Black? I'm not sure. 24 episodes later, and I'm still not sure. A void or something. What else is darker than black? My deck. It's getting there, at least.

Recent card changes:

-1x Swamp / +1 Nihil Spellbomb

Swamp Nihil Spellbomb

I needed more ways to get rid of graveyards. Too many times a Sun Titan or Genesis has ruined my evil plans. Well, no more. Plus, it replaces itself. I can probably cut deeper into the land mix, but I really, really hate being mana-screwed.

-1x Avatar of Woe / +1 Abyssal Persecutor

Avatar of Woe Abyssal Persecutor

The Avatar isn't a demon. The Persecutor is. Plus, he's a big, flying beater for 4cc. And has a very "demon" flavor. Brimstone, with a hint of mint if you must ask.

-1x Something / +1 Ambition's Cost

Dreamstone Hedron Ambition's Cost

I had Dreamstone Hedron in this slot, but I never got that card to work. I never liked it when I drew it. I had been swapping cards around, so I really can't remember what was actually there before the Dreamstone. It might have been a Mind Stone. Ambition's Cost has very good, dark flavor though. Early-game: great! Mid-game: cross your fingers! Late-game: damn, damn, damn.

-1x Dread Return / +1 Sign in Blood

Dread Return Sign in Blood

I needed to see cards more than I needed another way to get creatures back. I still have a few ways to reanimate dudes and it seems like more then enough. I either get demons out and push damage through, or I'm stuck and another guy from the graveyard isn't going to help anyway.

A deck with only Legendary creatures and Homicidal Seclusion would be a good time. I'd have to call it, "The Usual Suspects" because I'm always running this same evil gang of legends. It's time they all make an appearance together. Drana, Geth, Nefarox, Kalitas, Kozilek, Ob Nixilis, Griselbrand, Sheoldred...

Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief Homicidal Seclusion

No comments:

Post a Comment