Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Must... Fight...




I played a series of three games over the weekend, 1vs1 with Chris. He was running his Kaervek the Merciless deck. Man, that guys is merciless. I ended up losing 2 games and winning 1.

Kaervek the Merciless

The game I won was on the back of a top-decked Nirkana Revenant. She's supposed to be in the deck as a mana-booster. The lone vampire in an otherwise demon-themed deck. Instead, this isn't the first time she's dropped into play and rescued me from another game loss. I'm not against a vampire tribal deck, but that's not what this is supposed to be.

Nirkana Revenant

The games I lost were unspectacular. I don't mind losing. But I like losing in style. A close game, with a twist ending, is always fun. This was more like I did nothing for 8 turns while Chris summoned creatures and beat me up. When I finally did something, Kaervek was merciless. Heck, I even cast a Decree of Pain with Kaervek out and he blasted me. I would have died either way.

Thawing Glaciers
I kept thinking the same thing as I was playing: You know what would make this deck better? Nicol Bolas. At least if I was losing, I'd have a cool dragon to look at. But, no. I'm all in on black. So, I need to go about "fixing" this deck.

Drawing cards was not a problem. I was drawing them by the fistful. I might have too much card drawing. And I probably have too many lands and mana accelerators. Especially with all of the card drawing, it seemed like I always made my land drops. Thawing Glaciers is amazing, by the way. I need more business cards in the deck. Big, swingy ones. Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment