Sunday, December 22, 2019

MagicFest Portland 2019: Trading for Mishra's Workshop

Karyn and Ben with the bounty collected - Liliana looks on in interest.

I didn't get a chance to play in any events at MagicFest Portland 2019, but I did get a chance to make a whole bunch of trades for some Old School goodness.

Trading cards is emotionally demanding for me. I've had a lot of these cards for 20+ years, so it's difficult to be objective to make a trade happen. My wife generously stepped in to broker deals for me. My friend Ben joined in on the fun. I lurked nervously in the distance taking selfies with planeswalkers.



I spent the last year building a bunch of different Old School decks, but a pattern clearly emerged. I'll have more about this in my year-end wrap up, but suffice to say that artifacts (Robots!) are my jam. So, I decided to trade my dual lands for Mishra's Workshops. I ended up with 3x 'Shops and a Beta Sol Ring for my pile of dual lands.

Trading with dealers in person was way quicker than selling online (or trading online). There were about 8 dealers at the festival. Karyn and Ben visited each one and had to go between 3 or 4 of them to make the deal work out. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment