Sunday, June 24, 2012

Griselbrand in Action





I played a few games with Griselbrand last night. Don't worry: the guys I played with "okayed" it before we started even though the big, flying, demon is banned.

Ben was playing G/W with Captain Sisay. Chris was paying B/R with Kaervek the Merciless.




GriselbrandCaptain SisayKaervek the Merciless

Game 1:
I get my teeth kicked in. It went down like this. Ben has four creatures out including Vigor. I have a couple of demons out. Chris has a couple of creatures too, but at this point we were both trying to draw an out against Vigor.

Neither of us are drawing removal, so Chris plays the odds and casts Blasphemous Act. Vigor dies, but so did my demons and his creatures. Ben is left with three creatures with 13 +1/+1 counters on each. Beatings ensue.

VigorBlasphemous Act


Game 2:
I win this one. I did cast Griselbrand. And I did attack a few times and draw cards with him. But I actually won with Ob Nixilis. That guy is crazy.

Near the end, Ben was in a good defensive position. He had out Gaddok Teeg and Blazing Archon. Teeg was booted up. The Archon was wearing plate. Chris had out Kaervek, so I kept casting big creatures and he would direct the damage off the trigger directly to Ben.

Gaddock TeegLightning GreavesBlazing ArchonDarksteel Plate

My life was getting low, so I attacked Chris to secure second place and to get Kaervek out of the way. I had Ob Nixilis out, dropped a land, activated Thawing Glaciers to get another land, and then played Pestilence Demon and activated him for the last point of damage to take Ben out too, securing the win!

Ob Nixilis, the FallenThawing GlaciersPestilence DemonSwamp

Somewhere during the game, I played Ob Nixilis, dropped a land, activated the Glaciers, then booted him up and attacked for 9. Between the Landfall and the attack, that's 15 damage. This kind of thing seems to happen pretty often with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment